Dental emergencies such as toothache, swelling and broken teeth can happen at any time. The team at Dental Est. and House of Smiles we can address any pain and discomfort in a timely and affordable manner - no matter what day/hour it is. As the premium, after hours emergency dentist in Perth, our highly skilled team of professional dentists will put your dental concerns to rest.
LOST FILLING OR CROWN
An existing filling may become loose over time as the adhesion to the tooth deteriorates. General wear and tear, trauma or consumption of hard foods may also cause this problem. The solution may be as simple as replacing the filling with or without further treatment to the tooth, depending on the condition of the rest of the tooth. If you lose a filling, onlay or crown:
- Make sure it is not in another area of your mouth
- If you can find it, please keep it wrapped in a tissue or in a container
- The area maybe sensitive or painful so avoid eating on that side
- If there is a sharp edge that is cutting you tongue or cheek, you can apply some orthodontic wax to the tooth
Dental abscesses can cause persistent throbbing pain which can keep you awake at night. In many cases, they require immediate dental treatment. If you have swelling or fever and a prolonged reaction to heat, cold or pressure then please call us on 1300 735 992 so we can arrange a doctor to visit your house.
As you wait to seek treatment:
- Do not rub the area or apply hot packs. However, a cold pack on your face may reduce swelling and ease the pain.
- Rinse your mouth with tepid salty water
- Commence pain relief and/or antibiotics to settle the infection
WISDOM TOOTH PAIN
Wisdom tooth pain dental problem can be associated with swelling of the gum around the wisdom tooth, which can extend to outside the mouth. Apply an ice pack to the outside of the face to reduce swelling for just 20 minutes and rinse your mouth out with warm salty water every 2 to 3 hours
When an accident occurs involving teeth, the damage can range from a small chip to the full loss (avulsion) of a tooth. It is possible for teeth to become displaced or break at a point where the nerve becomes exposed. Time is of the essence in these situations and early management can be the difference between saving or losing a tooth.
If a tooth falls out completely, the best thing to do is to:
- Pick it up by the crown and place in your own saliva or a glass of milk
- Make your way to Dental Est. as soon as possible, ideally within 10 minutes of the tooth falling out
- We will attempt to replant the tooth.
If a tooth breaks, the best thing to do is rinse your mouth with warm water and stay away from hard foods until you have been assessed at Dental Est or House of Smiles. The trauma will most likely be associated with injuries to facial and oral soft tissues and may require stitches.
Once at one of our clinics, we will take a detailed history and proceed to an examination. Pain relief can also be given for immediate analgesia.
BITTEN TONGUE OR LIP
Any trauma or numbness after dental treatment can lead to accidental biting of the lip or tongue. If this occurs:
- Apply direct pressure to the bleeding area with a clean cloth
- Apply cold compress
- If you have ongoing bleeding, please present to Dental Est. or House of Smiles as soon as possible so we can assess and provide you with the necessary treatment.
It's natural for pain and discomfort to occur after some dental procedures. However, if you experience severe pain, swelling or prolonged bleeding, it's best to contact us straight away.
Problems that can occur after dental treatment include:
- Pain after local anesthesia has worn off
- Bites or burns to the soft tissues when area is still numb
- Allergic reaction to local anesthetic
- Dental infection
If you are experiencing any symptoms post treatment that you find concerning, please call us today on 1300 735 992 to see an emergency dentist in Joondalup, Midland or Cockburn.
DURING OFFICE HOURS
At Dental Est. and House of Smiles, we're aware that dental emergencies can be unpleasant. As an emergency dentist in Perth open 24/7, we offer same day appointments for all dental emergencies.
Our surgeries are equipped with
- Antibiotic and pain relief dispensary- saving you trips to the chemist
- OPG machine
- Day Procedure Unit for all surgical procedures
- Anesthetist for sedation and sleep dentistry
Dental EST and House of Smiles provide a 24-hour emergency dentist in Perth, WA. If you need urgent dental care, call us on 1300 735 992 to request a doctor’s home visit (bulk billed upon request), or make your way to one of our clinics at Dental EST in Midland and House of Smile in Joondalup or Cockburn.
TO SEE A DOCTOR, CALL US ON 1300 735 992 OR BOOK ONLINE
Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- Timing of procedure to be agreed upon between patient and practitioner.
- Patients must have a health fund valid in Australia.
- The patient must be eligible for Ancillary.
- The patient must be eligible for a rebate from the Health provider.
- If no rebate is given for the item the patient is charged the full price.
- The patient must present the practice with their health fund membership card, otherwise 100% of the standard price will be charged.
- Gap free is only eligible for preventative item numbers.