Braces are metal or ceramic attachments on teeth with wires and elastics used to put light forces on teeth. They are an efficient and accurate way of moving teeth to achieve straight teeth and a correct bite. For most patients the optimal time to start orthodontic treatment with braces is early adolescence when all the baby teeth have been lost and the individual is still growing. Adults too can have braces to improve their smiles.
Benefits of straight teeth:
- Improved oral hygiene because it is easier to clean your teeth and gums
- Less wear from clenching and grinding
- There’s less stress on the jaw joint from bad biting patterns
- Better facial support in some cases
- Improved aesthetics can lead to increased confidence and self esteem
Not correcting an abnormal bite could result in further oral health problems, including
- tooth decay
- gum disease
- tooth loss
- affected speech and/or chewing
- abnormal wear to tooth enamel
- jaw problems
How long does it take?
Orthodontic treatment with fixed braces usually takes 18-24 months to complete but it is not uncommon for braces to be removed after about 12 months if the malocclusion is not too severe.
The wires which connect the brackets need to be tightened or changed every few weeks to gradually shift your teeth and jaw.
Why Dental Est.?
At Dental Est., we provide an end to end dental service including orthodontic treatment. This means you can have your check ups, oral hygiene appointments and any general dental work such as extraction of teeth and fillings all with the same dentist that you know and trust. Dental Est. is Perth's leading Orthodontic provider, being an Invisalgin platinum provider. Combined with our expertise in cosmetic dentistry, you can achieve not only straight teeth but a perfect smile through teeth whitening, restorations to correct any misshapen or worn teeth and prosthodontics to replace any missing teeth.
Through our preferred provider relationship with various health funds, you may get a higher rebate from your cover for all your dental treatment. Interest free payment plans are also available to suit your individual needs.
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION WITH A DENTIST, CALL US ON 1300 735 992 OR BOOK ONLINE
Invisalign Terms and Conditions
- Invisalign is performed by dentists at Dental Est.
- Can be used in conjunction with Health Insurance Rebates
- Free consultations can be made by calling us on 1300 735 992
- Free consultations not available via online booking
- Dental Est. is open as per our opening hours for each clinic
- Dental Est. is wheelchair accessible.