Diabetes Mellitus is a common condition that can affect individuals from early childhood, adolescence and all the way through adult life.
At AHG Super Clinic, our doctors take a particular interest in the diagnosing, assessing & managing both Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes is a chronic condition in which excellent blood glucose control and paying close attention to treating other risk factors can significantly reduce the risk of long term complications.
Diabetes Risk Factors
The risk factors for developing diabetes include people who:
- Medical conditions such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, history of gestational diabetes, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome.
- Family History of diabetes.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Certain ethnic backgrounds such as Chinese, South Asian, Indian, Pacific Islander and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
Already Have Diabetes?
If you already have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes and are on insulin, you require regular monitoring by medical and allied health staff to ensure no complications of the disease.
Contacting your GP
Out staff are experts in creating a Diabetes plan for you providing you with a one-on-one patient support and guidance and depending on your needs. We can discuss diet, glucose measurements and control. Your medications can be modified to ensure your Diabetes management is optimised.
Steps to control your Diabetes
- Test your blood glucose levels regularly and record your results
- Follow a healthy eating plan
- Become more active and exercise
- Always take the medications or insulin that has been prescribed for you
- Have regular medical check-ups
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help as soon as you feel you need it
TO SEE A DOCTOR, CALL US ON 1300 735 992 OR BOOK ONLINE